The Advisory Committee was established during the Winter of 2014 based on the recommendations of the CEC Review. This committee is chaired by Dr. Alice Pitt, Vice Provost Academic and made up of community and York University representatives.
Several Working Groups have been established to support the work of the Centre. Some of the Working Groups exist permanently; others are formed on an ad hoc basis to perform specific time limited tasks.
Members of the Advisory Committee:
- Alice Pitt – York University Vice Provost
- Amanda Coombs – York University
- Anna Hudson – York University Faculty of Fine Arts
- Byron Gray – York University-TD Community Engagement Centre
- Cheryl Prescod – Black Creek Community Health Centre
- Henry Decock – Seneca College
- Lorna Schwartzentruber – York University Vice Provost
- Michael Johnny – Office of Research Services, Knowledge Mobilization Unit
- Talisha Ramsaroop – York University-TD Community Engagement Centre
- Uzo Anucha – School of Social Work
Experiential Education Working Group
To enhance Experiential Education opportunities in ways that benefit and strengthen the local community and its organizations, and increase learning outcomes for students. Some of the activities of this committee have included an annual “Experiential Education Fair”, development of an orientation for students working in Jane and Finch, promotion of experiential education opportunities in the local community, and promotion of experiential education opportunities among York Faculty.
Research and Evaluation Working Group
To be a resource and encourage resource sharing in the development of a community based/action research methodology for working with the Black Creek Community based on community interest and needs, and in ways that promote local ownership and capacity development.